Water is a resource that our community shares, and it is critical that we all protect and conserve this valuable resource.
These are a few of the water-wasting activities that are prohibited year-round in cities in Sonoma and Marin counties.
• Washing sidewalks, walkways, driveways or other hard surfaced areas with a hose. Use a broom instead.
• Irrigation runoff to streets and storm drains from over- watering or sprinkler-overspray of landscapes.
• Using a hose without a self-closing shutoff nozzle to wash cars, boats, or trailers.
• Irrigating outdoors during and within 48 hours following measurable rainfall.
• Using potable water in decorative water features that do not recirculate the water.